Lab 1.4 focuses on setting up Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express for Ballplayers LLC’s London, UK office.
CCIE Voice Lab 1.4 Tasks
1. Configure the CUCME router in London using the four digit extensions in CCIE Voice Lab 1 Scenario Background. The phones should be provisioned as SCCP phones. Enable call waiting on all extensions.
2. Enable support for g.722 wideband codec.
3. Configure extensions 3003 and 3004. On Jerry Maquire’s phone, 3003 and 3004 should ring on the second line appearance. Since David Beckham only has a two-button phone, his primary extension plus 3003 and 3004 should ring his first line appearance. However, his name and primary extension should be displayed next to the line appearance.
4. Configure extension 3005 and assign this to Jerry Maquire. This line should not support call waiting.
5. Since Jerry Maquire is the lead agent and branch manager in London, assign him a 7962.
6. When a call comes into either 3003 or 3004, and a user is on the phone, the incoming call on the busy phone should disable a visible indicator with no ring. Any phone not busy should ring as normal.
7. The layout of the displays on Jerry Maquire’s and David Beckham’s IP Phones should be identical in appearance to the displays for the New York and Los Angeles IP Phones.
8. David Beckham as a nasty habit of accidentally dialing his wife, Posh Spice (Victoria). Therefore, allow dialing on David Beckham’s phone only by selecting the specific line appearance.
9. David Beckham’s published number to the general public is 44-20-7654-3333. When someone from the PSTN dials this number, Jerry Macquire’s phone should ring first, followed by David Beckham’s phone. If no one answers the call for 10 seconds, it is assumed the person is busy and should be switched to DND mode. If neither Jerry nor David answers, the call should be forwarded to DN 3000.
1. Since I have previously discussed in detail setting up CUCME in both the CUCME-CUE Labs and Connection-CUCME Labs, I will not revisit the setup in detail. Below is the initial telephony-service configuration.
tftp-server flash:ringtones/Analog1.raw alias Analog1.raw
tftp-server flash:ringtones/Analog2.raw alias Analog2.raw
em logout 0:0 0:0 0:0
ip source-address 10.1.32.1 port 2000
service phone g722CodecSupport 2
service phone handsetWidebandEnable 1
service phone headsetWidebandEnable 0
service phone handsetWidebandUIControl 0
system message Your current options
load 7942 SCCP42.8-4-2S
load 7962 SCCP42.8-4-2S
dialplan-pattern 1 442076543... extension-length 4
max-conferences 8 gain -6
create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Oct 06 2009 21:46:31
2. Configuring the ephone DNs is fairly simple. Keep in mind, extension 3001 – 3004 are dual line; extension 3005 is a single line, thereby disabling call waiting.
ephone-dn 1 dual-line
label Jerry Maquire 3001
name Jerry Maquire
ephone-dn 2 dual-line
label David Beckham 3002
name David Beckham
ephone-dn 3 dual-line
ephone-dn 4 dual-line
3. Things get a little more tricky when configuring the IP Phones.
For Jerry Maquire, ephone-dn 1 is assigned to button 1; ephone-dn 3 and ephone-dn 4 are assigned to button 2 as overlays, using the “c” option rather than the “o” option, which enables call-waiting. Extension 3005, ephone-dn 5, is assigned to button 3.
On David Beckham’s phone, ephone-dn’s 2, 3, and 4 are assigned to button 1 as overlays, also using the “c” option rather than the “o” option. In addition, the “auto-line incoming” command is add, forcing David to either pick up his handset or pressing the speaker-phone button, then pressing line appearance button 1, in order to place a call. This should help prevent him from accidentally dialing his wife, “Posh Spice”.
description Jerry Maquire
username "jmaquire" password null
button 1:1 2c3,4 3:5
description David Beckham
username "dbeckham" password null
4. Finally, a sequential hunt-group will route incoming calls to 3333 (or 44-20-7654-3333) to Jerry Maquire first, followed by David Beckham.
ephone-hunt 1 sequential
list 3001, 3002
timeout 10, 10
auto logout 1